The Other Store

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Even though I've lived in Columbia, SC for 13 years, I just recently discovered The Other Store (I know, I know!).  I discovered this deli while reading this article.  We decided to stop by the other day while running errands to grab some lunch to go.  I had to have Clara the II (remember my gps) tell me how to get there because The Other Store is located on the corner of what appears to be a neighborhood.  I was a little hesitate that I was in the correct place based on my surroundings BUT we parked and made our way inside.


The deli is located in the back of the store.  I guess we really looked like newbies because the very kind man helping take orders and preparing orders, walked up to us with menus and introduced himself, gave us the lay of the land, and gave us the 'locals' favorites.  After reviewing their pretty awesome menu, we placed our order then walked around getting a feel for the place.  There are 2 inside seating sections and a outdoor deck when the weather is nice to enjoy lunch outside.
They have a book exchange which I adored!
And then as we were walking back to get our order, I saw it.......
DO YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!?!?  DECAF!!!!!!  As a girl that (1) LOVES sweet tea and (2) cannot have ANY caffeine (some of you are already asking how I'm alive, it wasn't voluntary, it's a medical condition) this sign was a dream come true.  I have NEVER been to a place where decaf sweet tea was an option.  It was at that moment that I decided that even if I didn't like the food, I would be back for the biggest glass of decaf sweet tea I could purchase. BUT who was I kidding, the food was amazing!  I mean people who are kind enough to think about us non-caffeine people will pour that kindness into the food they make, right?  You bet!  The food was so good!  A Rueben for him and a Turkey Melt for me.

And yes, there were homemade desserts.  They had Coconut Cake, Sour Cream Pound Cake, mini Banana Bread loaves, and German Apple Pound Cake.
 We both decided on a slice of German Apple Pound Cake.  It was heavenly.

Local or not, you should stop for a bite at The Other Store, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Travels,
Amber

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!