Koger-Murray-Carroll House

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

All week I look forward to traveling somewhere or doing something new and exciting on the weekends.  This particular Saturday adventure took me to Colleton and Dorchester counties.  However, on the way there I made a quick detour to the UFO Welcome Center.  This place is unusual which means that I find it completely awesome!
 So if you ever find yourself in Bowman, South Carolina take a minute to visit the UFO Welcome Center.


I had seen on Facebook and then was contacted by my Sister-in-law about a historic site that wouldn’t be open too much longer for tours (I think that the site opens occasionally for other events), so of course I had to figure out how to see it before it closed for public tours.  The Koger-Murray-Carroll House has great bones & was a fun to tour!  Our tour was given by a descendant of one the previous owners of the property.  I really adore when that happens because you learn so much more about the family that lived there and stories that were passed down from generation to generation.  The house is being restored and is very simply decorated which to me made it gorgeous.  The couches alone were a vision!

 
 


The tour took us on the main floor, the second floor (family dwelling area), and the attic.






 


I am still on my State Park journey and there were two state parks fairly close to Glover so I decided to visit and get more stamps.  Colleton State Park appeared to be a very nice camp site.  Givhans Ferry State Park was a larger state park and had a great view of the Edisto River.



Happy Travels,
Amber


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!