Katharine Hepburn and Other Adventures

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

After a short traveling break, it was time to get back on the road!  I was beyond excited to load up the 'adventure buggy' and head to Greenville for the day.  Exploring Greenville seemed like a fantastic start to my 2018 traveling adventures.  The morning began with touring the Katharine Hepburn:  Dressed for Stage and Screen exhibit at the Upcountry History Museum.
Katharine Hepburn is one of the all time greatest actresses.  ALL her films are classics (in my book anyway) that I could honestly watch over and over again (I can't count how many times I've watched Woman of the Year).  Her onscreen chemistry with Spencer Tracy matches (if not exceeds, in my opinion) Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.  She is one of my all time favorite actresses and she and Spencer Tracy are my number 1 favorite onscreen/off screen couple.

Upcountry History Museum in Greenville did an excellent job of displaying Katharine Hepburn's clothing, movie posters, and other personal items within the exhibit.














I'm sad to say that this is a traveling exhibit and closed January 14th.  However, it if ever comes to a town near you, GO!  You will not be disappointed.  (Side note:  There is an Ava Gardner Museum in Smithfield, NC.  It is worth the drive!) 
After dragging myself away from this gem of an exhibit, it was time for some lunch.  A friend (thank you, Janers) recommended Chicora Alley which was deliciously filling.  Mexican food is an option at Chicora Alley and while we love Mexican food, we opted for a burger (no bun) & sweet potato fries for me and jerk shrimp & grits for my mister (I know you are all surprised that we didn't eat tacos!).  After lunch, we took a quick walk to Falls Park.  This place is beautiful and I adore how it sits right in the middle of the city.
Isn't it beautiful?! 

I'm still on my quest of visiting every State Park in SC (& of course collecting all the State Park stamps) so off to Paris Mountain State Park we went.  Paris Mountain is a must see and a short drive from Fall Park! We had plans to do a few miles hike but it was just too cold that we did the almost mile loop around Lake Placid, explored the visitor/park center then got back in the warm car and hit the road.




Bird House

Adventure day (& early birthday outing) was fantastic! 

Do you have a favorite Katharine Hepburn film?  Any classic film recommendation?  What are your 2018 travel plans?  One of my upcoming 2018 adventures has to do with Mary Todd Lincoln (currently reading her biography)...stay tuned!

Happy Travels,
Amber

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!