A Night at the Museum

Sunday, January 27, 2019

I turned another year older this past week and I did so at a museum!  I feel like my cool nerd points just increased by like 100!!!  My mister and I celebrated my birthday the entire weekend which was great! We celebrated by eating pizza, getting new hiking shoes, braving a trip to Target, eating caramel sundaes, watching movies, going to a museum, and viewing the lunar eclipse.  

Sunday night we bundled up and headed to the South Carolina State Museum to view the lunar eclipse (the museum was open until 12:30am due to the lunar eclipse).  When we arrived at the museum we toured one of their new exhibits, Hall of Heroes.  While I don't know much about comics, the exhibit included the history of comics which of course I was excited about learning.







After touring the Hall of Heroes, we ventured to the Civil War section of the museum to view some of my favorite artifacts, mourning pieces.
 Memory Jug.


It was finally time to bundle back up, brave the artic (I kid, but not really), and grab our cameras to view the lunar eclipse.





This eclipse was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.  The way the moon looked with the naked eye, then the different way it looked through the lens of my camera, and the way it looked in others photos.  The moon is so beautiful!

Happy travels,
Amber

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!