D-Day, 75th Anniversary

Sunday, June 9, 2019

This weekend my mister and I attended the South Carolina Military Museum's 75th Anniversary D-Day event.  This event was my first visit to the museum and it was a great event to attend.  The museum, in general, host a vast collection of military artifacts but for the event they had additional artifacts in regards to World War II.

 The tracks on the tanks fascinated me so of course I was interest in the markings they left behind.






 Inside the South Carolina Military Museum the exhibit galleries are organized by specific war.  Since we were attending the D-Day event, my focus was on all WWII exhibits.  I did mention to my mister that we would have to visit the museum again so I could go through all war galleries.  Above is a WWII German Uniform.






 







 Kettenkraftrad (Tracked Motorcycle). Front.

 Kettenkraftrad (Tracked Motorcycle).  Back.  The photo in the back of the vehicle is of Strom Thurmond.


 German broadcast and music were being played at this exhibit.


 WWII German Uniform.


 Kubelwagen Type 82.
 WC 57 Dodge Command Car.

 M3A2 Halftrack.










 
Of course I had to have my photo taken with Rosie the Riviter.  'Rosie's' father had fought in WWII and she had some of his war items on display.

Needless to say, we had a wonderful time learning more about D-Day, seeing WWII artifacts, and meeting great people.  Thank you to the SC Military Museum and all individuals involved in making this event a success!  If you haven't visited the SC Military Museum, then make plans to do so, I know that we'll be visiting the museum again.

Happy travels,
Amber

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!