'Event'ful Day

Friday, December 11, 2015

Enjoyed my lunch hour today at the SC Confederate Relic Room & Military Museum @ their Lunch & Learn event.  The Lunch & Learn was on the new novel The Angel of Marye's Heights : The True Story of Richard Kirkland.  Author, Anthony Zeibol, gave the presentation, which included photos and maps, on this topic.  Learning about Richard Kirkland and his act of bravery and kindness during a violent time in history, was inspiring.  If you have a chance, I would recommend attending a Lunch & Learn at the SC Confederate Relic Room & Military Museum, it was a very informative/educational/enjoyable hour.

Tonight I volunteered @ a Happy Hour at Historic Columbia.  This was another first today and it was really fun!  During the event, guest were involved in Holiday themed trivia while sitting @ tables wrapped in wrapping paper (too cute!).  Wassail and Madeira were available for guest to try (I didn't because both contain alcohol but boy did I want to try them!).  It was a fun evening that ended with a late dinner with my friend Heather,


at one of my new favorite places, 116.  The cheese plate was a wonderful wonder in itself!

Happy Travels,
-A

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!