Bishopville

Friday, November 11, 2016

I set a goal for myself to explore my great state of South Carolina.  Through that goal, I have explored and fallen in love with cities, towns and communities.  Recent travels took me to Bishopville, SC.  

 
I have driven through Bishopville but had never just stopped to visit.  As someone who is always ready to explore things off the beaten path, I found myself at the Button King Museum 
.  
 
 I was able to meet the Button King and enjoyed listening to his stories and watching videos of him being on the Johnny Carson show.


 
Next stop was to Pearl Fryar's Topiary Garden.  

The garden is located right in the middle of a neighborhood and is fascinating to walk through. 



 Last stop was the South Carolina Cotton Museum.  

 I had read a book about growing cotton in the 1800s and was beyond excited to actually get to go to the museum.



 
Happy Travels,
-A
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!