State Park Adventures

Saturday, January 7, 2017

I began a quest on January 1, 2016 to visit all the state parks in South Carolina.  While I still have many to visit, a good number were visited in 2016.  I ended 2016 by visiting Goodale State Park in Camden, South Carolina.

I have been spending a lot of time exploring in Camden lately (need I mention my love of anything Mary Boykin Chesnut) so I was surprised to find out that there was a state park in my new favorite place.  Goodale State Park is a GEM, a beautiful GEM!!!  
 
 



Kayaking, hiking, beautiful scenery, and an awesome swing set.  Goodale is a must see the next time you are in Camden!
 
It was cold and rainy here on January 1st so I opted out of a first day hike but still decided to visit a state park & do a little exploring.  I started 2017 off at Dreher Island State Park.  



 The water was beautiful!  I got out of the comfort of my dry, warm vehicle and walked down to the water for a few minutes to watch a duck who was having the best time playing in the water.  He/She was a joy to watch! 

One of my 2017 goals is to explore more of my state.  With each new place I visit, I discover more new places to visit ALL within my home state of South Carolina.  My challenge to you is to get out there and explore your State.  Also, I welcome any recommendations of places to visit!
 
Happy Travels,
Amber
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!