CUT! Costume and the Cinema

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Today I visited the Columbia Museum of Art to view the CUT! Costume and the Cinema exhibit.  This exhibit is a must see!  It was so much fun to see costumes from movies that I had seen over the years.  The costumes were amazingly beautiful! 

This exhibit ends February 19, 2017, go see it before it's gone!  Tickets are $15.00 a person unless you are a member of the museum. 

An upcoming exhibit that I am really looking forward to is Salvador Dali's Fantastical Fairy Tales which runs from March 11-May 21, 2017.
 From the film Casanova (2005), worn by Heath Ledger who played Giacomo Casanova.

 Ever After: A Cinderella Story.  Ever After is one of my all time favorite movie.  I was thrilled to be able to view this very beautifully detailed costume which was worn by Angelica Houston, the Wicked Stepmother.

 The New World and Pirates of the Caribbean.

 Keira Knightly as The Duchess.  This film is one for me that I could only watch once.  While it is an amazing film, it is so heartbreaking. However, the costumes are out of this world amazing!

 The Duchess.

 The Duchess.

 This hat!

 Children's wear from The Duchess.


 Little Dorit.

 As soon as I walked in the room and saw this costume I knew exactly what movie it was from, Jane Eyre (my all time favorite film).  Be still my heart this costume was beautiful! 

 Miss Porter.  The Prestige.  The Portrait of a Lady.

 Finding Netherland.

 Finding Netherland.

 Phantom of the Opera.







 Sherlock Holmes.


 Defiance.


 In Love and War.  Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.


 Sense and Sensibility (1995), Kate Winslet as Marianne Dashwood.


Have you visited this exhibit?  If so, what were your favorite costumes?

Happy Travels,
Amber

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!